A note to EAL children (children with English as a second language) from their teachers:
The EAL topic for May is TIME
- Children can practice saying the days of the week
- Older children ( from 3rd class up can learn the spellings of the days of the week ).
- Children will be able to say what day comes before a given day (eg Sunday comes before Monday ) and what day comes after ( eg Tuesday comes after Monday ) .
- Children will know that Saturday and Sunday are at the weekend and Monday - Friday are school days .
- Children can say what their favorite day is and why.
- Also Seasons : Spring, Summer, Autumn and winter.
The months of the year and in what season they fall In( eg July is in the Summer , December is in the Winter ) .
- Chat about what month & season their Birthday is and the birthdays of their family members .
- The language of morning , afternoon and evening ties in with this theme too.
- Please look at Twinkl & ESL Games for resources 😊
- Also RTÉ School Hub is on TV every day 11am - 12 and is excellent . Please try to watch it .
- Use the audio function on Readworks to listen to English being spoken and follow the text .
- Mostly get out in the sunshine and try to get as much fresh air as possible . We hope that you are all doing ok. We miss you !
Mrs. Forde , Ms. Carney and Ms. Meaney